The incoming President, CEO, will report directly to the Board of Directors, and join a very special organization that has had a longstanding impact on improving the lives and experiences of pediatric patients and their families through deep connections with hospitals and pediatrics across the nation. The new President, CEO, will supervise three staff members and strategically grow the enCourage Kids team.
Strengthening philanthropic revenue will be a primary role of the new President, CEO. enCourage Kids has been the beneficiary of a highly successful gala that exceeds $1 million in revenue annually (pre-pandemic and the most recent gala). The annual golf outing, select institutional grants and some individual gifts make up the rest of the organization’s philanthropic support. enCourage Kids receives no government funding.
The President, CEO, will be the lead ambassador for the organization, building and deepening engagement with donors and driving broader awareness and philanthropic support for the organization.
enCourage Kids has established very strong ties to the New York area real estate community and is looking to strengthen its relationships in other professional sectors going forward. Additionally, the new President, CEO, will work with the Board in developing a strategic plan for the organization.
• Develop and sustain a highly collaborative relationship with the Board of Directors
• Partner with the Board of Directors to create a new 5-year strategic plan
• Ensure a productive and supportive environment for all staff members
• Expand and enrich enCourage Kids commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
• Help recruit and steward new board members with skills and experience that will further the mission of enCourage Kids
• Establish a working relationship and partnership for strategic collaboration with Child Life staff, as well as existing partner hospitals. Broaden enCourage Kids reach to new hospitals and pediatric centers nation-wide.
Fundraising and External Relations
• Represent enCourage Kids, its mission, and its values credibly and professionally to external audiences, serving as an ambassador/spokesperson for Child Life and partnering hospitals
• Diversify and grow the current development program of special events and select grants to a more robust program that focuses on individual, foundation, and corporate donor identification, cultivation, solicitation, stewardship and upgrading
• Identify and prioritize key funding sources/opportunities and devise targeted funding strategies
• Building off enCourage Kid’s strong support from the real estate sector, engage other prominent business sectors in supporting the vital programs of the Foundation
• Engage Board in key donor cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship activities
• Collaborate with the staff to develop a comprehensive marketing and communications plan
• Supervise three direct reports with the intention of growing the staff over time based on annual revenue growth
• Review organizational structure, roles, and policies to promote accountability, efficiency, and high performance
• Maintain a climate that attracts, retains, and motivates a diverse, high-quality staff
• Set staff goals and objectives, and effectively manage staff
• Monitor the on-going effectiveness of programs through measuring objectives and evaluating outcomes
• Prepare and manage the organization’s budget
• Foster a “can do,” collaborative culture
• Passion for the enCourage Kids Foundation mission and the ability to serve as an ambassador
• Flexible and adaptable style; a leader who can positively impact both strategic and tactical, fundraising, and marketing initiatives
• A track record of growing and diversifying organizational philanthropic revenue
• Ability to review current organizational programs/structures and make recommendations that empower programmatic refinements
• Strong financial management skills
• Background working closely with a Board of Directors
• Demonstrated excellence in communications and stakeholder engagement with the private sector
• Skilled at building and sustaining relationships among high-net worth individuals, foundations, and corporations
• Ability to conceptualize and describe funding needs in a way that is compelling to prospects, donors, Board members, and other stakeholders
• Success supporting and managing volunteer leadership in donor cultivation and solicitation
• Knowledge of how to foster an environment of accountability, healthy work relationships and partnerships, and inclusivity among organizational staff to maintain a positive and collaborative work environment
• Knowledge of communications and marketing with excellent communications skills
• Results oriented self-starter with an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit
• Hospital/health care experience Is a plus
• Salesforce experience is a plus
Please email your cover letter and resume in confidence to: enCourageKids@developmentguild.com