enCourage Kids Foundation seeks an intern to support and assist the Special Events Department in their fundraising efforts.
Internship Title: Special Events Internship
Location: Remote Work
Duration: Fall Semester with opportunity to stay on for the spring. Dates and days are flexible to accommodate class schedules. Minimum commitment 10 hours per week.
Duties and Responsibilities Include but are Not Limited to the Following:
- Assist with various fundraising events including the Annual Gala, Night at Citi Field, Golf Outing and Tasting event;
- Solicit restaurants and various organizations to support the events through donations to the silent auction and raffle, as well as financial sponsorships;
- Support events by phone calls soliciting ticket, table and ad sales, follow-up phone calls, generating mailings, researching and compiling lists, organizing materials for and working at events;
- Perform general administrative office duties as necessary; and
- Maintain a working knowledge of programs.
- Must be a strong oral communicator and be comfortable on the phone;
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to prioritize, and handle multiple tasks;
- Detail-oriented and organized, especially with working remote
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel) and strong familiarity with the web;
- Strong written, organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Professional demeanor and enjoys working with others.
Candidates should be in the process of obtaining a Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in the field of Public Service, Non-Profit Management, Social Work, Public Health Administration, Communications, Marketing, and/or related discipline.
enCourage Kids offers a supportive, hands-on working environment where interns can learn new skills and enhance existing ones. This internship is an exciting opportunity to work with a leading children’s charity in New York City, gain valuable non-profit knowledge and contribute to an incredible cause. Interns can receive school credit where applicable and a letter of recommendation upon completion.
How to apply:
Please send a resume, cover letter, and any writing/design samples with semester availability to Briana Horwich at email@example.com and reference “Special Events Internship” in the subject line.