Careers & Internships with enCourage Kids
For 35 years, enCourage Kids Foundation has helped humanize healthcare for children and their families by resourcing impact-driven pediatric programs and supporting the Child Life Community. Serving nearly one million children annually, our programs offer relief from the constant burden of treatment, hospital stays, and doctor appointments, while also supporting pediatric facilities to meet the unique needs of their patients. enCourage Kids envisions a world where every child—regardless of the difficulty of his or her medical journey—experiences joy, hope, resilience, and healing.
We are currently seeking to fill the following positions:
Part-Time Social Media Assistant
enCourage Kids Foundation seeks a Part-Time Social Media Assistant to support and assist the External Relations Department.
ABOUT ENCOURAGE KIDS FOUNDATION
Since 1985, enCourage Kids Foundation has helped humanize healthcare for children and their families by resourcing impact-driven pediatric programs and supporting the child life community. Serving nearly one million children annually, our programs offer relief from the constant burden of treatments, hospital stays, and doctor appointments, while also supporting pediatric facilities to meet the unique needs of their patients.
enCourage Kids Foundation envisions a world where every child—regardless of the difficulty of his or her medical journey—experiences joy, hope, resilience, and healing.
The Part-Time Social Media Assistant will be responsible for handling all of enCourage Kid Foundation’s social media accounts including but not limited to content creation, content scheduling, community management, and tracking analytics.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Execute a results-driven social media strategy.
- Develop and curate engaging content for social media platforms.
- Create and edit written, video, photo, and graphics content.
- Attend events and fundraisers and produce live social media content.
- Maintain unified brand voice across different social media channels.
- Collaborate with the entire team to create a social media calendar.
- Monitor social media channels for industry trends.
- Interact with users and respond to social media messages, inquiries, and comments.
- Review analytics and create reports on key metrics.
- Passion for social media and proficiency with major social media platforms and social media management tools
- Proficiency with video and photo editing tools, such as Canva, Adobe Creative Cloud, and Final Cut Pro
- Ability to create eye-catching graphics and imagery for social media and other marketing needs
- Excellent social listening skills
- Ability to understand historical, current, and future trends in the digital content and social media space
- Strong copywriting and copy-editing skills
- Top-notch oral and verbal communication skills
- Impeccable time management skills with the ability to multitask
- Detail-oriented approach with ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of email marketing, specifically Mailchimp
- Experience in the healthcare and nonprofit/fundraising space
- Knowledge of Salesforce
- Understanding of Google Ads and Google Analytics
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or a related field
- 1-3 years experience with social media marketing, intern experience considered
- Direct experience using social media management tools (Hootsuite, Later, Facebook Creator Studio)
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word)
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) or equivalent digital media editing tools a plus
SALARY & BENEFITS
Hourly rate commensurate with experience. Please include your salary requirements in your cover letter.
Please submit an application, please email a detailed cover letter, resume, salary requirements, social media examples, and writing samples to Christina Buono at email@example.com. Candidates must submit all requirements to be considered. Please include the title of the position in the subject line. No phone calls, please.