Careers & Internships with enCourage Kids
enCourage Kids Foundation envisions a world where every child—regardless of the difficulty of his or her medical journey—experiences joy, hope, resilience, and healing. We help humanize healthcare for children and their families by resourcing impact-driven pediatric programs and supporting the Child Life Community. By bringing laughter, comfort, and countless smiles to more than one million children annually the past 34 years, our programs offer relief from the constant burden of treatment, hospital stays, and doctor appointments.
We are currently seeking to fill the following positions:
The Manager of Events & Stewardship will play a vital role in identifying strategies for organizing and executing successful fundraising and cultivation events that in tandem steward individual donors. This is an exceptional opportunity for a professional with events and fundraising experience to develop an integrated, donor-centered stewardship program, to strengthen funder relationships, and deepen financial support of enCourage Kids.
PRIMARY OBJECTIVES OF THE ROLE
- Strategize all components of annual fundraising events to create fun, inspiring and impactful experiences;
- Manage pre-event and on-site logistics and production aspects of events, invitation mailings (digital and via mail), table and ticket solicitations, research silent auction and raffle prizes, vendor relations, and day-of donor relations;
- Assist in identification, recruitment, and management of event honorees and committee members for annual tasting event, and others; and
- Assist with multiple aspects and integration of event donor cultivation and stewardship;
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE
- Help develop and advance methods for identifying, soliciting, cultivating and stewarding event donors;
- Implement industry best practices for cultivating new and existing donors, recruiting event committees, sponsors and individuals to grow our constituent base;
- Prepare timely customized acknowledgement letters, pledge reminders, receipts and other correspondence to donors who request information, including recent and past donations;
- Create and maintain guest lists and seating requests, and ability to manage last minute changes to both;
- Lead post-event follow-through including follow up on outstanding pledges, debriefing meetings to solicit stakeholder feedback to incorporate into future plans;
- Maintain upkeep of event donor actions in CRM, tracking all touchpoints;
- Develop profile and pre-event look-books for all special events donors and prospects;
- Assist in recruitment of in-kind sponsors or underwriters for event goods and services;
- Perform operational, day-to-day tasks in support of the overarching events and stewardship program;
- Manage income, expenses and record-keeping related to the events;
- Collaborate to ensure all events have a strong mission component;
- Assist with other team initiatives, and represent the organization in public speaking engagements; and
- Manage Event Ad Journal Process and Silent Auction Website.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four year university;
- 5+ years of non-profit experience in a fundraising role, with a strong background in event planning and donor relations;
- Ability to see the big picture
- Knowledge about the NYC philanthropic landscape, with an ability to understand how different relationships and networks connect;
- Experience in moves management and tracking information in a CRM. Salesforce experience a plus;
- Broad-based computer skills including Microsoft Office and Adobe Suite; and
- Flexible schedule, including the ability to work late evenings and early mornings, as needed.
- Exemplary relationship building and management skills;
- Ability to work independently and to problem solve;
- Manage multiple projects and prioritize tasks as needed;
- Eagle-eye attention to detail and commitment to high quality work product;
- Equally comfortable playing external and internal roles, demonstrating a professional and warm demeanor in developing relationships with a variety of stakeholders;
- Eagle-eye attention to detail and commitment to best practices and high quality work product
- Project management skills and grace under pressure. Ability to prioritize multiple projects with competing deadlines;
- Excellent research skills and experience in leveraging all information at his/her disposal to qualify and track donor prospects; and
- Must possess great verbal and written communication skills and be a strong presenter.
- Results-oriented self-starter that thrives in a collaborative, roll-up-your-sleeves environment;
- Brings an enthusiastic attitude everyday (or as much as is humanly possible);
- Committed to exceptional performance and going above and beyond regularly;
- Ability to work occasional nights and weekends, especially as event dates approach
- Critical thinker, driven to tackle challenges head on and find solutions;
- Self-starter who doesn’t need or want to have someone looking over his/her shoulder ;
- Good natured, but with the ability to give and receive thoughtful critique; and
- Not afraid to fail, but hates making the same mistake twice.
SALARY & BENEFITS
enCourage Kids offers a very competitive salary and benefits package, including medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k retirement savings plan, and a generous vacation package. Salary commensurate with experience.
Please submit a detailed cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and a writing sample to email@example.com. Please include the title of the position in the subject line. No phone calls please.