Click on one of the links below to jump directly to the listed section:
- Information We Collect
- Information Collected Automatically When You Access & Use the Site
- How We Use the Information We Collect
- Information We Share
- Your Choices
- Web Analytics
- Geo-Location Information
- Your California Privacy Rights
- Access and Correction
- Links to Other Websites
- Interactions With Third Party Platforms; Social Features
- Data Transfers
- How We Protect Personal Information
- Children’s Privacy
- How to Contact Us
Information We Collect
We may collect information about you directly from you and from third parties, as well as automatically through your use of the Site.
enCourage Kids Foundation seeks to respect and protect the privacy of our visitors and only gathers personally identifiable data, such as names, addresses, zip/postal codes, e-mail addresses, etc. when voluntarily submitted by a visitor. For example, personally identifiable information may be collected in order to complete a donation transaction or a volunteer application.
Information Collected Automatically When You Access & Use the Site
In addition to any personal information or other information that you choose to submit to the Site, we and our third party service providers may use a variety of technologies that automatically or passively collect certain information whenever you visit or interact with the Site (“Usage Information”). Usage Information may include the browser and operating system you are using, the URL or advertisement that referred you to our Site, the search terms you entered into a search engine that lead you to our Site (if applicable), all of the areas within our Site that you visit, the time of day you visited the Site and Site traffic, among other information. Usage Information also includes the IP address or other unique identifier (“Device Identifier”) for any computer, mobile phone, tablet or other device (any of which are referred to herein as a “Device”) used to access the Site. A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to your Device, and our servers identify your Device by its Device Identifier. Some mobile service providers may also provide us or our third party service providers with information regarding the physical location of the Device used to access the Site.
We may use Usage Information for a variety of purposes, including enhancing or otherwise improving the Site and our products and services. Usage Information is generally non-identifying, but if we associate it with you as a specific and identifiable person, we treat it as personal information.
The methods that may be used to collect Usage Information include the following:
- Cookies. A cookie is a data file placed on a Device when it is used to visit the Site or otherwise access our online content. Cookies may be used for many purposes, including, without limitation, remembering you and your preferences and tracking your visits to our web pages. If you choose to disable cookies on your Device, some features of the Site or our content may not function properly.
- Web Beacons. Small graphic images or other web programming code called web beacons (also known as “1×1 GIFs” or “clear GIFs”) may be included in our web pages and e-mail messages. Web beacons may be invisible to you, but any electronic image or other web programming code inserted into a web page or e-mail can act as a web beacon. Web beacons or similar technologies may be used for a number of purposes, including, without limitation, to count visitors to the Site, to monitor how users navigate the Site, to count how many e-mails that were sent were actually opened or to count how many particular articles or links were actually viewed.
- Embedded Scripts. An embedded script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Site, such as the links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your Device from our web server or a third party service provider is active only while you are connected to the Site, and is deactivated or deleted thereafter.
How We Use The Information We Collect
We may use information collected through the Site, including your personal information and Usage Information, to:
- enable and allow you to participate in features and services we offer or to provide related customer service, including, without limitation, to respond to your questions, complaints, or comments;
- tailor the content we display to you;
- provide you with information, products or services that you have requested or agreed to receive;
- communicate with you about our services, offers, events and promotions that we believe may be of interest to you;
- enable you to communicate with us through our social networks or Site features;
- operate, evaluate or improve the Site and our business (including developing new products and services; managing our communications; determining the effectiveness of and optimizing our advertising; analyzing our products, services, websites and any other digital assets; facilitating the functionality of our websites and any other digital assets; and performing accounting, auditing, billing, reporting, reconciliation and collection activities);
- anonymize personal information and prepare and furnish aggregated data reports showing anonymized information (including, but not limited to, the following: compilations, analyses, analytical and predictive models and rules, and other aggregated reports) for our business purposes;
- contact you with regard to our and our affiliates’ services and events or your use of the Site, and, in our discretion, changes to the Site policies or functionality;
- protect against, address and prevent fraud, unauthorized activities, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure and enforce legal and contract obligations;
- comply with applicable laws and regulations or as requested by any judicial process or governmental agency having or claiming jurisdiction over us or an affiliate; and
- comply with industry standards and our policies.
We may use and disclose your information in the good faith belief that such action is necessary or appropriate to conform to the requirements of law, to comply with legal process, to protect and defend our rights, to act to protect the personal safety of others, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
We will use personal information to protect against suspected fraud. We may verify with third parties the information collected in the course of processing a gift, event registration or other donation. If you use a credit or debit card on the website, we may use card authorization and fraud screening services to verify that your card information and address matches the information that you supplied to us and that the card being used has not been reported lost or stolen.
We reserve the right to transfer personal information we have about you in the event we were to sell, merge or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets. Following such a sale, merger or transfer, you may contact the entity to which we transferred your personal information with any inquiries concerning the processing of that information.
We may share information to analyze and enhance our marketing communications and strategies (including by identifying when emails sent to you have been received and read).
We may share information with other third parties with your consent.
We offer you certain choices about what information we collect from you, how we use and disclose the information, and how we communicate with you. You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us or object at any time on legitimate grounds to the processing of your personal information. We will apply your preferences going forward. In some circumstances, withdrawing your consent to enCourage Kids Foundation‘s use or disclosure of your personal information will mean that you cannot take advantage of certain enCourage Kids Foundation offerings or Site features.
Here are the choices we offer:
You may opt out of the aggregation and analysis of data collected about you on our Sites by our web analytics vendor by clicking here and selecting the opt-out link at the bottom of the linked site.
Visitors may opt-out of having their personal information used by enCourage Kids Foundation to send promotional correspondence or information to the visitor, by contacting enCourage Kids Foundation via U.S. mail, e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by checking the appropriate box on the on-line form.
You may choose not to receive certain email communications from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails or by adjusting your email preferences using the online account you may establish on our Sites. It may take up to 5 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you e-mails about your account or any services you have requested or received from us.
When you use an enCourage Kids Foundation application on your mobile device, you may choose not to share your precise geo-location details with us by adjusting the device’s location services settings. For instructions on changing the relevant settings, please contact your service provider or device manufacturer.
Most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable existing cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all of our Site’s features. In addition, disabling cookies may cancel opt-outs that rely on cookies, such as web analytics or targeted advertising opt-outs.
Your California Privacy Rights
enCourage Kids Foundation will not respond to web browser “do not track” signals. If you would like additional information about online tracking and various opt-out mechanisms, please see http://donottrack.us/.
Because we link to social media sites, other parties may collect your personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you visit this Site.
Please note that not all tracking will stop even if you delete cookies.
Access and Correction
It is the policy of enCourage Kids Foundation to present correct and accurate information. If inaccuracies come to our attention, enCourage Kids Foundation will attempt to correct them in a timely manner. To report any inaccuracies please e-mail email@example.com.
Our Site contains links to other websites for your convenience and information. Please note that when you click on one of these links, you are entering another website that is not operated by enCourage Kids Foundation and for which we have no responsibility. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on all such sites as their policies may be different than ours. We are not responsible for the content of any websites not affiliated with enCourage Kids Foundation, any use of those sites, or those sites’ privacy practices.
Interactions With Third Party Platforms; Social Features
Certain functionality on our Site may permit interactions that you initiate between our websites and a third party platform (such as a website, mobile app, or online service) (“Third Party Interactions”). Examples of Third Party Interactions may include the ability to transmit content between your account on our Site and your account on a third party website or service (such as a cloud storage provider); to “like” or “share” content on or to other websites or services; and to otherwise connect to or enable interactions between our websites and/or a third party website or service.
If you choose to participate in Third Party Interactions, information you post or provide access to may be publicly displayed on our Site or on or through the site or service of the provider of the Third Party Interaction that you use, depending on the particular Third Party Interaction that you use. You may be presented a choice as to whether the information is publicly displayed. Also, when you engage in Third Party Interactions, both enCourage Kids Foundation and the third party may have access to certain information about you and your use of our websites and the third party site or service. In addition, we may receive information about you if other users of a third party website give us access to their profiles and you are one of their “connections,” or information about you is otherwise accessible through your “connections” web page, profile page, or similar page on a social networking or other third party website or interactive service.
This is a U.S. website subject to U.S. laws, including those governing the privacy and security of your information. When we obtain personal information about you, we may process the information outside of the country in which you are located, including in the United States. The countries in which we process the information may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you are located.
How We Protect Personal Information
Our Site has industry standard security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. Because we care about the safety and security of your online transactions, we use high-grade encryption and the https security protocol which is the industry standard security protocol.
This makes it difficult for anyone else to intercept the credit card information you send to us. Companies we work with to process credit card transactions also use high-grade encryption and security protocols.
Even though enCourage Kids Foundation will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal and financial information it cannot and does not guarantee its confidentiality or security.
If you prefer, contributions can be made by calling (212) 354-2878, or you can mail your donation to:
enCourage Kids Foundation
1560 Broadway – Suite 600
New York, NY 10036
enCourage Kids Foundation does not knowingly solicit personal information from children or send them requests for personal information and does not direct its websites to children under the age of thirteen. If we learn that a user is under eighteen years of age, we will promptly delete any personal information that the individual has provided to us.
How to Contact Us
enCourage Kids Foundation
1560 Broadway – Suite 600
New York, NY 10036