Young Professionals Committee
enCourage Kids Foundation Young Professionals Committee (YPC) is a dynamic group of caring professionals in NYC committed to serving children living with serious and chronic illnesses. Meeting monthly, the YPC is dedicated to finding new, fun ways to raise awareness and funds to support enCourage Kids’ programs inside and outside of the hospital.
The YPC hosts two signature fundraising events:
- Starry Night – a spring cocktail party fundraiser that attracts guests from a wide-variety of industries together for an evening of cocktails, fun and philanthropy. View photos from our 2018 Starry Night Event.
- Holiday Happy Hour – a casual happy hour that raises funds to send warm, cuddly Bears to hospitalized children.
YPC members are dedicated to supporting enCourage Kids’ mission by:
- Committing to a year of service and attending or calling into at least 6 committee meetings.
- Serving as an enCourage Kids super fan by participating in 1-2 volunteer activities.
- Raising a minimum of $750 per year (inclusive of gifts leveraged via tickets sales, corporate and in-kind sponsorships, raffle sales, individual donations and general fundraising).
- Securing 2-3 raffle prizes per event helping to generate additional revenue.
- Connecting enCourage Kids to companies for corporate engagement opportunities and sponsorships.
As added thanks, some perks of joining the YPC include:
- Discounted tickets to events like enCourage Kids’ Serving Up Smiles tasting event.
- Private tour of enCourage Kids presence in a local hospital.
- Annual thank you luncheon with Executive Director, Michele Hall-Duncan, and other special guests.
- Opportunity to host and volunteer at enCourage Kids Escapes.
We are always looking for fresh new faces to help us in our mission to brighten the lives of seriously ill children. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.